Joining a gym is the first step to abs right?

After signing up to this challenge I realized that I should probably help myself out a bit and get as fit as possible, so i joined Easy Gym (pretty ironic name if you ask me) and since then I have attempted to go at least twice a week, doing different exercises and trying out new classes to find the best way to bump up my fitness (and lose weight).
As it is too soon to comment on my fitness progression, I thought I would write about my venture into the gym life, and offer a few tips on what I have been doing to help improve my fitness and to also lose weight.
(I am not a professional clearly)
Firstly: I usually do cardio first, but recently I have trained with weights and core before, and have found that I have had a lot more energy for cardio after so here is a list of some weight exercises I do:
  • High Pulls, 12 x 3 (with a barbell)
  • Bicep curls 15 x 3 (whatever weight you fancy)
  • Tricep curls 15 x 3
  • Squats with core bag 12 x 3
  • Leg Press 12 x 3
  • Push ups 10 x 3
  • Plank 1 min
(ofc there's loads more and each session should be focused on certain areas of the body but you get the idea)
For cardio I like to do 'Hiit' sessions or Interval training:
  • Sprint on a treadmill (or outside) as fast as you can and on a high incline for about 30 seconds and then rest for 30 - my aim is to do this for 20 minutes but its harder than  you think.
  • Or do interval training on a bike or treadmill (you can set the machine to change itself) or you can change it depending on the intensity and speed you would prefer to go.
  • Group exercise is also a lot of fun. As part of my subject netball team I also exercise twice a week with them. You can read my post on the charity netball match here.



Feel free to continue with me on my fitness journey, and please also feel free to donate to my fundraising page here. Thank you.
S x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram